Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A quick litte refashion

I saved this sad lonely blue cardigan as it was soft and light and good for layering but was slightly in the wars.  The neckline was coming apart and there were a few holes as it is so thin and delicate it holes easily (I found that to my peril trying to remove the tag on the neck!).   So it went from this boring plain blue:

Blue short length cardigan with blue buttons

Using these added extras:

Six pink heart shape buttons and pink velour ribbon (it's actually elasticated shhh don't tell anyone!)

Close up of the six pink heart shape buttons

To this far more exciting cardigan!

Finished cardigan with the ribbon round the neck and the pink heart buttons in place of the boring round blue ones

I realise cardigans aren't always exciting and nor do they need to be, but since this one needed some TLC I thought I'd give it a lift!

Happy Sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable.....
    I am recovering well.. slow but steady ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats really sweet :-) Simple little details but a whole new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Glad you're getting better Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute job, love it, makes a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this refashion! I think your improvements are fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration! I have a cardigan of my own (a wrap one!) that I need to make a little more useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardigan looks very pretty now. Very boden-esque. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! I wore it to work today and it's held up nicely!

    I think I was inspired by boden as although lovely are far too pricey for me, especially when I've been on a fabric buying spree and need to save for the meet up! :)

    Glad I've inspired someone Michelle! Hope to see your refashion soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! Stretchy velour ribBon eh?!! Hmmm the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I've used it like normal ribbon. I remembered after I have some dark blue velvet ribbon somewhere, but think it would have been lost so glad I used the pink!

    I bet you're thinking of pants though! hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!