Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Monday, November 15, 2010

Patchwork cushion

As inspired by Kirsty Allsopp, here's my version of a patchwork cushion.  I didn't hand stitch it, only the heart with embroidery floss, mainly as I forgot to machine it before I put the back on...but also think it's pretty!  This is going to my pregnant sister as a Christmas present as she mentioned the other day how much she liked it when she saw one being made on the tv show.  I also didn't put anything smelly inside as had cushion inserts and since she has an inquisitive two year old I was a little worried it would get spread everywhere if there was spices or flowers loose in a cushion. 





I'm really happy with it, especially as I think the pieces have really crisp lines.  I'm so happy in fact that my other two sisters are getting cushions!  I've already started one by cutting out birdies instead of hearts to be the centrepiece, there will still be hearts as I'm having a bit of a theme for some reason. 

Not having a good day today, not very well so nothing done today.  Just wanted to put a picture up really as the cushion really makes me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!