Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, November 14, 2010

RSI and decorating don't mix

I've got a beautifully freshly painted porch, landing and stairs but I've completely naffed (and that's a technical term) my arms and hands.  I've got RSI in both arms and have been warned by the chiropractor not to over do the crafting and to take regular breaks, but the place needed to be painted before the carpet was fitted and I only had two days to get it all done, glossing the wood and everything!  Eeep!  Thankfully my mother-in-law is an amazing decorator and worked like a maniac the day before I had my two days off last week to prep everything and then helped me paint as my boyfriend couldn't get the time off work.  I'm really happy with the results but not so happy with the consequences... Lots of painkillers and crying and definitely no crafting.

I did however, get to go to Love Vintage at Wenvoe Community Centre and got some lovelies from the stalls there, got some vintage fabric scraps and a beautiful bird brooch as I've got a thing about birds... I also went to Happy Days a lovely vintage shop in Cowbridge where I got a knitting kit to make my own fingerless mitts out of hand dyed wool and some vintage fat quarters.  I know I said in my last post I wasn't going to buy any more fabric, but it's my birthday coming up and I wanted to treat myself!  Also I watched Kirsty Allsopp on her handmade home programme the other night and was talking about it to one of my sisters who said she loved the patchwork cushion...you can see where this is going can't you...so I'm going to use the scraps to make a patchwork cushion for my sister for Christmas!  Hurrah!  Something that she doesn't know about!  So will be taking it slow and taking lots of breaks, but hope to have something to post about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!