Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

Woweee!  I've got a Stylish Blogger Award!  I'm so amazed and delighted!  The lovely Sarah over at Narcoleptic in a Cupboard nominated me and I can't quite believe it.  Please go take a look at her adventures in quilting she really is an amazing lady.

So what does this award entail?  Well, I have to tell you seven things that I haven't already told you about myself and then pass on the award to six other bloggers.  So here goes (in no particular order):

  • I would love to give up my job and sew full time either as my own business or as a part of someone else's and one of my goals this year is to set up an on line shop to get me started.
  • I have an MA in English Literature, but have never used it.  I sometimes want to put the letters after my name but feel a little pretentious, but darn it I worked hard to get those letters! ;)
  • The name for this blog is an amalgamation of Magpie as it's what my sisters tell me I am because I love shiny things!  And Mimi is a nickname that my nieces and nephews call me.  It all started with my eldest niece as she couldn't say my name and dubbed me thus and then all the others followed suit.  I find it very touching.
  • I am the youngest of four girls, my poor Dad! So far I have four nieces and two nephews (I say 'so far' to worry my sister who I know reads this as she's only just had her second child!)
  • At the moment I mostly sew listening to Johnny Cash and a Best of Sun Records Double CD, I just love to sing along.
  • I like to paint, especially in acrylics and have filled our home with my paintings.  Need to get back into it as haven't painted in a while as sewing has taken over.
One of my paintings of a red tree with circular leaves, there are silver butterfly fairy lights going across it.  Notice the hideous embossed wallpaper behind, we're hoping to get shot of that asap...the 70's has a lot to answer for in home décor.

  • My sewing machine is rather old, there's no computer in it or anything and I don't think I will ever get a brand new machine as I like the simplicity of this one.  It was only £5 in a charity shop complete with all the feet I could wish for!  What more could a girl want?!
My lovely sewing machine, it's a Frister Rossman, it needs a new light bulb but I think this beauty will be sewing for many years to come


So that's my seven things and now onto my nominations, drum roll and fan fair please!

  1. Sew Obsessed as she's my sewing buddy and just love the project she's doing for her daughter at the moment, can't wait to see it when it's done!
  2. Touch and Sew because I'm so glad I've passed the sewing bug onto a friend and he's learning to quilt despite being visually impaired and is having fun doing it!
  3. 3 Loved Ones, 2 Cats and a Bird Brain she's one of the new friend's I've made through Me Made March.  I love her honesty and think she's very talented.
  4. Buttontree Lane another Me Made March comrade who's talent I wouldn't mind either!  Both her and the lady's above comments keep me going on the flickr group.
  5. gran plumley because she takes beautiful photos, pays attention to detail and has only just started blogging and think it's good to give a newbie to blogging a boost as she certainly deserves it.
  6. Minnado's House last but by no means least, Minnado as we've been supporting each other with taking baby steps to start selling our wares with notes of a novice seller posts.  She is sewing and computer talented as she made the cute button on the right there.
So go forth ladies and gent and spread the love!  I can't tell you how much this has made my day!  Thanks again Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you! I am a bit busy at the moment, but I'll get on to this soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!