Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MMJ Day 15

Just a quick post today as hardly been home and would like to watch some tv with a cuppa before bed.  This isn't the dress that I was asking for help for, but another I've been working on this week.  I know I know I must be mad and I really don't know where I get the time either...although the house is a tip so maybe that's where...

Me made dress, shop bought belt
This was going to be a top but realised that it was a bit short for my liking and I didn't have enough fabric left to add a bit at the bottom so decided to go for a contrast fabric.  I then thought if I'm going to all that trouble I may as well go the whole hog and add an a-line skirt and make it into a dress.  My favourite thing is that there's no fastenings whatsoever!  Yeeehaa!  It means I have to wear a belt which can be a good and bad thing.  The top is based on the Prima pattern top I wore on day 13 I've ignored the instructions on how to make the pleats and did it my own very special way of 'yeah whatever it's pleats' and used bias binding on the armholes instead of sleeves.

I think it looks a bit autumnal and wasn't certain whether it looked ok until someone in work came up to me and asked me if it was something I'd made and said it was lovely and how smart I looked.  I strutted up the room in my heels with my head held high I can tell you!

I've also been given a half metre of shiny silver velvet and a dress pattern today, so I'm a very lucky little girl!  Thinking of making the velvet into a shrug as it's not much and that's all I can make for me out of it as don't fancy it as a bag or purse.

Well, good night sewing people, hope you're having fun!

4 comments:

  1. Nice dress, the colours go really well together. Glad you're getting compliments at work too, I can just picture you strutting it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I don't get to strut much, tethered to my desk majority of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this dress very very very much. Looks gorgeous. Just catching up on your posts.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm quite surprised at it myself as it wasn't quite how I imagined it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!