Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Saturday, June 18, 2011

MMJ Day 18 and some finds

The whole sewing from dawn thing didn't quite happen as didn't wake up very early and had no get up and go this morning.  I was going to repeat an outfit and then I remembered I'd been given a small piece of grey velvet with tiny flowers on it measuring approximately half a yard.  As soon as I saw it, it was a gift from J's mother she found it in a charity shop for 50p!, I knew it could only be made into a shrug.  So I did three seams and that's it a non repeat!  It feels slightly like a cheat but I have a headache and I'm not going to kill myself or ruin an outfit trying to show you something new.

No funky posing as just not feeling it and the hair-do is because my hair is making me too hot and needed it out of my face

Hair-do also means you can actually see the back of the shrug

So what do you think?  Good use of a scrap?  I think so.  It's a useful colour grey and will go with lots of things so hopefully will see a fair bit of use.

And so onto the things I found today:

Some trims and velvet ribbon.  The yellow is tiny butterflies if you can't make them out.


Remnant of 1.10m silk, thought it could be a top

Trying to get the colour right as it's a bit darker and redder than this
I also treated myself to 5m of iron on interfacing as found somewhere selling it on the roll rather than in those packets where it's stupidly expensive.  So I'm all set.  Think I need to stop buying any more fabric and use what I have.  Have two lots of fabric coming in the post and that's it I'm not going to buy any more and I'm going to try and not go anywhere to buy fabric as want to use the lovely stuff I've got and not leave it languishing in a box waiting to be made into something beautiful.  May be that can be my mid year resolution....wonder how long it'll last! haha!  You can guarantee I'll see something wonderful that I can't pass off as it's on sale/end of line or something!

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! Cant wait to see what you do with that lovely butterflies strip! And yes, shrug is definitely good use of a small scrap, looks good and will keep you cosy :-) Now go put your feet up and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! My head is whirring with ideas for the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - I'm really excited to see what you make with the butterflies! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!