|Picture of stall showing piles of triangular bunting in the forefront of the picture with the feather hair clips to the left and tailor's ham and seam roll on the right|
|My tree showing off the felt leaf decorations and the lavender stuffed hearts and birds and my pretty battery operated fairy lights too|
|The metal frame clasp purses complete with self covered buttons made in the summer, zip purses beyond on the right and just seen clutch bags on the left of the picture|
|Cake stand with pincushions on the top layer and an assortment of felt flower brooches and hair clips on the lower layer|
|Forefront and left some costume jewellery brooches and at the back and right my cross stitch buttons|
|The back of one of my felt flamingo decorations|
|Yellow stuffed lavender bird and blue stuffed lavender heart with a grey and cream felt leaf with a wooden flower shaped button above and below these two decorations.|
|More views of the cake stand with pin cushions and felt flowers|
|Front view of the sequinned flamingo decorations|
|Stuffed felt moose decoration with gingham collar complete with silver bell|
It was good to see how other people set up their stalls, it was also interesting to see how some people thought they could just turn up and then leave without helping at all with the tables etc. I just think if you're participating in a fair you need to help set up and clear up or one or the other if you've got other arrangements to attend to. A lot of the other stall holders didn't seem to think this applied to them, which I think is quite sad.
On a brighter note, I think a lot of money was raised for Cystic Fibrosis, the charity for the event, as the money for the stalls was for it and there was a raffle too, in which I won a very pretty ceramic bunting that is now adorning my dresser and looks very happy there too!
I may have partaken of some gorgeously sparkly cup cakes too from the lovely Charlotte and I bought a mirror brooch in the shape of a flying goose as just couldn't resist either...I'm weak willed when it comes to sparkly and shiny things as you all well know!
Things I've learnt from this fair are:
- get more stitch in labels as I've run out and didn't have enough to put in the metal clasp purses I'd made, which is a big boo boo.
- get some cards done to show off my blog and etsy shop as don't have any yet, again a big boo boo.
- make a banner with my shop name on to really promote myself, as although I wore my name badge I made for the Birmingham meet up I think I really need to do some serious branding.
- I'm considering setting up a facebook page for the shop, I'm wary as had problems with my personal facebook so this may not happen.
- Finish making the prop or buy a head and shoulders form for my crochet necklace scarves as people just don't seem to understand what they are and it's not always practical for me to be wearing one all the time - I get too hot!