Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MMM Day one

Hello sunshine!  After some truly horrible weather I thought I'd start the first day of Me Made May in a bright and cheerful top, so here goes!

Me made sunshine yellow top
This top is made from some cheap satin I picked up at the market to try my hand at sewing slippery fabrics, I chose this yellow as thought it's a bit Marmite, you'll either love it or hate it.  It was sat in my stash for quite a few months before I decided what I wanted to do with it.  I used Colette's Sorbetto as a base and then added sleeves from the Amy Butler Lotus top pattern and then the flouncy bits were just leftovers I hemmed and pinned on until I got the desired effect.

I've had some great compliments about this top, most notably one of the managers where I work wants it!  I felt so good I came home from work and stitched up a new top ready to wear tomorrow!  Eeee!  I haven't made any clothes in a long time and it was getting to the point where I was a little scared of the sewing machine in case it rebelled against me because I'd neglected it for a while, but it went well and I whipped up a top in about 1.5 hours.  I'm so chuffed! hehe!

Oh and before I forget, I also wore my sparkly pompom earrings and a pink rose ring that I made too.  Don't forget you can enter my giveaway to win a dress pattern and a pompom ring of your choice!

Oh oh, what do you think of my tripod skills??  I won't show you the out takes where I'm laughing hysterically because Fizz was really interested in the camera, just be thankful I'm not showing you up close and personal pictures of my cat's nostrils!

14 comments:

  1. That's a lovely top & I like the colour - heralding in the summer let's wish!!Sounds like a very satisfying & quick make. Good to get your sewing legs back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Finger's crossed as the weather's been rather naff so far the past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear fizz is at least sticking the more pleasant end up against the camera now...
    Great start to MMM, bright, cheery and lovely. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I thought of you as soon as I could see what she was up to! hehe! ;)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I thought of you as soon as I could see what she was up to! hehe! ;)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colour is perfect.. I'm such a fan of bright and yellow is one of my favourite colours....

    great top too... great start of MMM...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ruffles you added -so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All sunny and bright! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaaay for sewing again! I'm very jealous you can wear yellow - I love it, but its atrocious on me. You, however, look lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fabulous colour - so bright and cheerful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and sunny - you look fab, Mimi. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that top is FABTASTIC!!! I love when you feel so inspired with one make, you hit the next really quickly. Looking forward to seeing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you ladies! I'm really chuffed as I do have thoughts that I may look like a clown sometimes with ruffles...eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful in yellow! Lovely blouse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!