Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tote bag attempt with oil cloth

This is the first time I've ever tried to sew with oilcloth and thought I'd try and make a tote bag like the one here.  Only problem was I was trying to do it from memory as didn't have the laptop with me in my sewing room all the way up in the attic and hence a slight hiccup occurred.  I went into autopilot when I got to the bottom piece and put right sides together to sew when it was supposed to have all the raw edges on the outside which will be covered by bias tape at the end.  Needless to say it got a bit difficult turning it right way round and didn't want to unpick it and stitch again as thought the fabric might rip so I've left it as it is.  It's my first attempt and it'll do nicely to ferry things I make from the lounge to the attic and back when I feel like tidying up!

This is what it looks like, didn't bother with the bias tape as haven't got much of it in the colour I want to use so saving it for one I want to give as a present.



Might make some bibs from it too as it's wipe-able or maybe some painting aprons for my nieces and nephews.

Any success/horror stories with oilcloth you wish to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!