Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A bit of upcycling

I forgot to take a 'before' picture and pictures as I went along as didn't know how it was going to turn out, so this might be hard to visualise.  My sister gave me a top that she no longer wears but loves the pattern of the fabric and wanted me to make something from it so that she could still see the fabric.  She asked me to make a hat and scarf/cravat thing that are so popular at the moment for my niece as the top is a cotton/Lycra blend. 

I've made the hat and am in the process of making the scarf thingy (that's the technical term until I remember what they're called!)  I seam ripped the arms off and took the cuff off the one arm.  I stitched the top arm holes closed and then put the one sleeve inside the other to make a lining and stitched it all together.  Hope that makes sense!  Anyway, here's some pictures of the finished project:






As you can see the shape is a bit interesting, want to see it on my niece before I make any alterations though. 





I'm just glad that it's getting a new lease of life.  I know it could have gone to a charity shop, but as my sister was so attached to the pattern it's good that she can still see it even if she isn't wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!