Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here's what I treated myself to

I bought some more lovely Amy Butler fabric:






I love this print as the colours are a little bit of sunshine on a dreary day!  Hoping to make a skirt from this and then get some plain yellow cotton/voile to make a top to go with it so I can be a tropical delight! ;)

I also managed to snag this lovely pattern:





It's a size too small but don't think it should be too bad to make it bigger to fit just need to make sure I add as I cut round it.  It's really odd not to see all the usual lines and markers on the pattern pieces, these are just plain with numbers on them almost as braille.  This is really going to test my skills but I'm looking forward to it!  I really like the look of the short sleeved version on the right.

I've signed up for a sewing buddy here so will hopefully have someone to cheer me on with this little number!

3 comments:

  1. Is that one of the new Soul Blossoms prints? I've got my eye on them... Its lovely bright fabric though, and you're right, I think it could make a fabulous bright skirt. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's Orange Dahlia from her Midwest Modern range, had to look it up! Here's her nicer picture: http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/fabrics_top.php?fabric=midwest-modern&flid=12

    I love watching the slide shows of all the lovely fabric...I admit it I'm an addict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that fabric! Look forward to seeing it being modelled by you! And the pattern is a stunner ...Lucky you!! Enjoy your making

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!