Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Friday, January 21, 2011

My first dress

I'm really really really pleased that I've finished this Amy Butler pattern dress and so happy with how it turned out!

I'm actually so giddy with delight at achieving this challenge that I've treated you all to a full length picture of me in it! ;)


Here's a view of the back, so glad I decided I was too short for the full length dress and went for the tunic option.  I did have a few hiccups today, mainly when I stitched the lining to the exterior the wrong way round...there were a few sharp and unrepeatable words said and then I calmly got out the seam ripper and started all over again.





And so for a close up, I changed the fabric for the upper bodice and am glad I did as think it goes much better, I also used ready made binding to do the sleeves (naughty I know but I was too eager to finish and I had it to hand).

I'm off to enjoy a gin and tonic in my new and most favourite dress!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Well done! No wonder you're so happy, it look fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks fab - was it easy to sew? I agree you have chosen the right length. Enjoy the gin and tonic - well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    It was easy to sew, I was pleasantly surprised! I'm going to try the cami next without the sleeves which I think will be interesting as haven't done button holes before and not sure how the sleeve edges will be finished. I will let you all know though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!