Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting some clothes ready for Me Made June

So Me Made June is fast approaching so thought I'd better get a wiggle on and make some new stuff so I sewed up a Prima pattern top as love the pleating on the neckline and sleeves and there's no fasteners!  Yay!  Not so yay is the fact that I don't like tops with no shape to the waist so have had to employ the use of a sash I originally made for the Sew Weekly meet.

Me wearing me made Prima pattern top with me made sash, flower was from Primark used as a brooch to pin the sash together
I used the cotton I got from Goldhawk Road for this top and am happy with the result, I like the 3/4 sleeves and the light airy cotton was good today as have been running a temperature! haha!  Hate colds.  The sash was made from a remnant I picked up in the market so the whole top ensemble cost a grand total of £5.50, not bad methinks. 

To cheer myself up I found this in a charity shop today, it's rather 60's looking and am wondering what company made it but know it will be in good company with my yellow Sylvac vase that's in my header filled with felt flowers.

Small green 60's looking vase that J thinks looks like a robot

A view of the top to show the spout is completely useless and for decoration only
And since I haven't been up to much lately here's some pretty flowers on my table and in my garden, I'm hoping I can get some sewing done this long bank holiday weekend so finger's crossed I'll have some sewing related pictures for you all!

Something nice to look at whilst at my sewing machine
Enormous poppy in full bloom in my garden, there's four now open and another 19 to go!
Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! Is that stinking cold come your way too? Sucks... Prima pattern top is great, bloody bargain too! lol Keep up the good work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that top! With the sash it just is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Sarah that stinking cold took away my voice this morning and has left me with a banging head...urgh. Came home from work early as just couldn't justify being there with my head on the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic top pattern - it really suits you - colour & style. Get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top looks fab on you - a loveley color and I like the sleeve shape. I hope your cold is better - I just had one courtesy of my daughter!#Thank you for the kind comments you left me. I hope it warms up here for MM June so I can wear my new orange dress! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!