Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Saturday, June 25, 2011

MMJ Day 25

Today I decided that I'm not going to stress myself out to have a big finale to this me made month and instead I'm going to just keep wearing the clothes I've already made and concentrate on making some purses and bags and flowers as I've decided I need to get making for selling.  I've got a fair sized stash of fabric now in forms of full size pieces as well as scraps and leftovers from previous projects and since I've had a tidy up I've realised I need to start using them otherwise they're taking up precious space I don't have.  I've also decided that I'm not going to buy any more fabric for myself for at least a month as want to get through the stash of clothes fabric I have and it's probably going to be a good long while before I get through all the soft furnishings fabrics I've accumulated one way or another.

So I've made myself a new pattern to make flowers with and have been busily cutting and singeing and sewing and have one almost finished as there's been visitors and some film watching, well, I am on holiday you know!  I'm happy with the new flower so far and once I have it finished I'll show it off.  Don't think I'll do a tutorial on this as I'm sure I've seen something similar in lots of different places and it's based on some of the shop bought ones I already own and I'd like to sell them if they turn out ok.

Want to start making purses and little bags in a variety of fabrics to give them clashing patterns and textures and am looking forward to using copious amounts of rickrack and pompom trim!  There may even be sequins and beading for a bit of sparkle!  So I'm hoping to resurrect the Notes of a Novice Seller series that Minnado's House and I started up.

And so onto my outfit of the day, it's a bit creased after sitting and watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, it's a manga animation and it's amazing, go get it if you haven't seen it. 

Me made dress
This is the dress I made based on the Prima pattern top to which I attached an a-line skirt.  Absolutely no notions used so wear it with the biggest chunkiest belt I own to cinch in the waist and it makes it look like a top and skirt.  I like this dress a lot.  It's sleeveless and it's in my favourite colour, purple but it has pattern and pleats, which I'm really drawn to.

So onwards and upwards now and shall be randomly covering buttons to use as decoration on my bags and purses.  Well I do have 90 odd to use!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! How's your hair colour holding out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having fun! Keep it up! Impressed at your no buying plan, hope you're made of stronger stuff than I am lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking these colours too. I'm so impressed that you manage to just keep on producing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit so much! Those colours really suit you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!