Little thoughts

Little thoughts: need more sleep! :)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pin cakes

This is what I've decided to call the pincushions I've been making since they're being displayed on a cake stand and they remind me of those fancy cup cakes as I said yesterday.  I've adjusted the green one that was starting to look decidedly animal rather than floral and added some detailing to the leaves and added an extra leaf in a different shade of green.  I've also made another two pin cakes, another green one and a pink one.  I've run out of stuffing now so guess I'll have to work on something else instead now!

Here they are, wouldn't you like to take a bite? 

Five yummy pin cakes sitting on a cake stand

Another view of all five...nom nom

Ooooh stop tempting me!

Here's a close up of the newbies:



Frog button sitting on a lilly pad leaf on top of a green pin cake



Pink pin cake with pink button on top


They're now available on my shop if you fancy one for yourself or as a present for someone!

6 comments:

  1. aww they're lovely :-) Wee froggy is real cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are yummy and very clever. Great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous Mimi. I especially like the froggy one, its soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! There may be more animal button ones as have a small collection of them...just need to stock up on stuffing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mimi, how sweet.. you should sell them as they look so beautiful ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! If only we lived closer - I have a whole bag of stuffing!! You are super talented and creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!